Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Where do you find your ideas for your novels?

I was read an article by Christina Dodd titled "Romance Cliches For The 21st Century" in the August edition of the Romance Writers Report. It got me thinking (hard to believe I know..lol) about how I come up with my story idea's.
The majority of mine come from news stories, a "scene" I've witnessed either in my previous Fire/EMS/911 Dispatcher life or when I'm out and about on errands, or from TV shows based on real life crimes such as Forensic Files, etc.
Where do you get your inspiration from?

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear from readers as well :-)...where would you suggest getting inspiration from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my inspiration from my own life, for the most part. Or how I think two people should interact. Romanticized versions of my life, especially. How things could be different if something had changed. Or how I can make a change to get something different. Then again, the majority of my writing is poetry, so it's less about characters and interactions, and more about.. the world? I don't know how to explain it. I wish I had time to write daily. Ugh. I need to get on that bandwagon, lest I perish without leaving a written legacy!

    ReplyDelete